A little light read from us today! We’ve been thinking about all the areas of London we know well and love working in and what makes them unique. So here’s our take on Leytonstone:
1) We think of it as Wanstead’s younger (and naughtier) sister, it’s now got great nightlife:
– free music 7 days a week at The Luna – The home of live music, regular music nights at the Ex-servicemen’s club
– great pubs such as The North Star, The Red Lion, The Northcote, The Heathcote and Star, The Birds, (most with late licenses).
2) Green space in the form of Corporation of London land – we love Wanstead Flats and Wanstead Park.
3) It’s a good example of a diverse community working in cohesion. People are friendly and all rub along well together.
4) It has some great cafes and places to eat – Horizon, The Sunflower, the Wild Goose and Star of India amongst them.
5) The transport links are brilliant as it sits on the central line just 2 stops away from Stratford. Also part of the London Overground system, get on at Leytonstone High Road and you can be on Parliament Hill in a jiffy.
6) It is in Waltham Forest, which as London Borough of Culture 2019 – we enjoyed lots free events and celebrations!
7) Schools – lots of outstanding and good primary schools.
8) St John’s Leytonstone is a lovely community space with something for everyone. Vintage teas for the older generation, a playgroup for pre-schoolers, concerts at lunchtimes and evenings, a market, events in the summer for the Leytonstone Festival.
9) The artists! There are so very many creative people around Leytonstone, the Leytonstone Arts Trail is a highlight in the summer with amazing, free exhibits from local artists.
10) The housing stock as a surveyor working in London, it has stunning Victorian property.